2019 Anacortes Farmers Market Pie Festival Contest!
Awards will be given out in the following categories:
Best Amateur Overall and Best Professional Overall
1st Place – $40 AFM gift certificate
2nd Place – $20 AFM gift certificate
3rd Place – $10 AFM gift certificate
winner – $20 AFM gift certificate
You may enter up to two pies per contestant. No entry fee!
Drop off pies at Depot the morning of the contest between 7 – 9am in disposable tins. We cannot be responsible for your favorite baking dishes!
You are encouraged to RSVP by the afternoon of Sept 20 if you wish to participate. Email email@example.com or call 360-293-7922 and leave a message with your name and how many pies you are entering.
Entries the morning of are also welcome!
Rules and Guidelines:
- Open to amateur and professional bakers of all ages
- Pies must be received NO LATER than 10 am on Saturday, Sept 21st. You will be required to complete an entry card with your name and the kind of pie.
- No cream, chiffon, pudding or pumpkin pies (or any pies requiring refrigeration) are allowed. Fruit and Nut Pies ONLY! (This is a health department rule and no exceptions can be made)
- Crust and filling must be homemade.
- The main ingredient should come from AFM vendors. Please list ingredients from AFM vendors on your entry card.
- Winner need not be present during judging but should be present for awards ceremony which is planned for around noon. The exact timing of the ceremony depends on how many pies we need to judge!
Pies will be sliced and served to the public after awards are announced.
Pie Festival Bake Sale!
Like to bake but don’t want to enter? Please donate a pie to our Bake Sale Fundraiser! We always need more whole pies or pie-ish goods such as hand pies and tarts to donate to our fundraiser. These will NOT be judged, just enjoyed! No store bought items please.
Rules and Guidelines:
- No cream, chiffon, pudding or pumpkin pies (or any pies requiring refrigeration) are allowed. This is a health department rule and no exceptions can be made.
- The demand is for whole pies but single-serving sizes can be donated as well.
- Wrap each item/portion in plastic wrap or other covering.
Deliver your goodies at the Depot no later than 9am with a description.
Bake Sale goods will be available for purchase during pie judging – whole pies will be sliced and served to the public
All proceeds go to the Anacortes Farmers Market, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.