2017 AFM Pie Festival – Pie Baking Contest Rules
Awards given for Best Amateur Overall & Best Professional Overall. Additional pie categories will also be awarded.
$5 entry fee. Up to two pies per contestant.
Drop off pies at Depot between 8:30 – 10am in disposable tins. We cannot be responsible for your favorite baking dishes!
Please RSVP by Sept 28 if you wish to participate. Email email@example.com or call 360-293-7922 and leave a message with your name and how many pies you are entering.
- Open to amateur and professional bakers of all ages
- No Cream, Chiffon, Pudding or Pumpkin Pies allowed. Fruit and Nut Pies ONLY! (Health Dept rules!)
- Crust and filling must be homemade.
- NEW for 2017 – the main ingredient (or a majority of ingredients) should come from AFM vendors. Please provide a list.
- Pies must be received NO LATER than 10 am on Saturday, Sept 30th with a card listing pie name, your name and list of farmers market ingredients.
- Winner need not be present during judging but should be present for awards ceremony between 11:30-12:00-ish (more pies take more time)
Pies served to public after awards are announced.
Like to bake but don’t want to enter? Please donate a pie to our Bake Sale Fundraiser! We always need more whole pies.
Pie Festival Bake Sale!
The demand for pie is so high that we can’t keep up! Please consider baking pies or pie-ish goods such as hand pies and tarts to donate to our fundraiser. These will NOT be judged, just enjoyed! No store bought items please.
*No cream, chiffon, pudding or pumpkin items. Non-refrigerated please. (Health Dept rules)
* The demand is for whole pies but single-serving size is ok too (tarts & hand pies).
*Please wrap each item/portion in plastic wrap or other covering.
*Deliver your goodies at the Depot no later than 10am with a description.
Bake Sale goods will be available during pie judging; pie slices will be available after prizes are announced.
All proceeds go to the Anacortes Farmers Market, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
All pies will then be sliced and served to public