Kids vend for free!
Children 14 and under may set up a booth at market at no charge. It’s a great opportunity for them to learn basic business skills selling their wares. Popular items have been dog treats, pet rocks, jewelry, photographs, duct tapes wallets, and home grown veggies and flowers.
Children must follow the same rules and guidelines as every other vendor (see guidelines here). The basics rules are:
- You must make or grow everything you sell (be aware that permits are required for baked goods)
- You must provide your own canopy and/or tables.
- Market hours are 9am to 2 pm and you must be present and vend the entire market day.
- Parents may not sell any of their own goods at their child’s booth under any circumstances!
- Be aware you need to schedule at least a week in advance