Come join us on May 4 and celebrate!
We have a fun day planned as we begin our 30th season on the first Saturday in May. Meet up with old friends, say hello to some new vendors, listen to some live music and play in the madrone grove with the kids!
Here are some of the activities we have planned for this fun and festive day:
- “plant a seed” demonstration – learn about where food comes from by planting a seed in some potting soil and taking it home with you
- 50/50 raffle & membership drive – a chance to win $$ and support the market at the same time
- artwalk featuring artist Kris Strell
- “Birds of Prey” educational program presented by Sarvey Wildlife Care Center – see real live birds of prey such as hawks, eagles, or owls from 11AM to noon
- live music from 10AM to 1PM featuring The 7:20 String Band of Guemus Island (see bio below)
- kids activities
- our wonderful vendors selling delicious sustainable and organic produce, eggs, meat, honey, cheese, and other food as well as locally made arts & crafts
- hot food options with outdoor café seating
- town crier
Hailed as “The Pride of Guemes Island,” The 7:20 String Band will have you tappin’ your toes to their old-time mountain music. With fiddles, guitar, mandolin, bass, banjo and percussion, musicians Bud Ullman, Dennis O’Hern, Cheryl Mansley, Andy Gladish, Daniel Burnett, and Mike and Suzie Gwost have a grand ole’ time making music.
For more information about Sarvey Wildlife’s educational programs visit their website.